This applicant rental screening and selection policy is applied to everyone. A La Carte Property Management LLC is an equal housing property management company, which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical and/or mental disabilities, familial status, marital status, source of income, age, gender or sexual orientation.
- All application attachments must be submitted at the time of application submission for the application to be considered complete.
- Please upload and insert these files at the end of the application document in DocHub, or email them to email@example.com.
- Applications will not be processed until the date and time given on the rental posting. Please do not submit an application any earlier. They will be subject to an 8 hour processing penalty (In accordance with Portland administrative rule PCC 30.01.086).
EVALUATION PROCESS & CRITERIA
Upon receipt of a completed application, the contents of the application are compared to the screening criteria by Manager, and the applicant is either approved or denied in compliance with all local, state and federal laws. Applicants are welcome to provide supplemental evidence with their application to mitigate potentially negative screening results.
- Applications are screened on a first come first serve basis.
- Rental references and income will be verified.
- A screening fee of $40 for each applicant 18 or older will be required.
- A credit and criminal records report will be obtained for every applicant 18 years of age and older.
- Be prepared to wait 1-5 business days for the application verification process.
- Applicants must provide identification verifying their name, date of birth, and photo, for applicant screening. One or more of the following types of identification will be accepted:
- Evidence of Social Security Number (SSN Card);
- Valid Permanent Resident Alien Registration Receipt Card;
- Immigrant Visa;
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN);
- Non-immigrant visa;
- Any government-issued identification regardless of expiration date; or
- Any non-governmental identification or combination of identifications that would permit a reasonable verification of identity.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, termination shall result.
- Any individual, whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the property, or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
- Co-signers/guarantors are not accepted.
- All rental units have a no smoking policy.
CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, the property manager shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant, or any proposed tenant, has ever been convicted of any crime or released from incarceration.
- A conviction(s) for any felony, or any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, assault, intimidation, drugs (excluding convictions based solely on the use or possession of marijuana), pornography, sex crimes, child sex crimes or weapons charges will be grounds for denial of the rental application.
- Open criminal cases or outstanding warrants in the above categories will require the application to be held until final resolution is made by the courts.
- Manager will engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant’s or other proposed occupants’ convictions if the applicant has satisfied all other criteria.
RENTAL & EVICTION HISTORY CRITERIA
- Two years of verifiable contractual rental history from a current unrelated third-party landlord, or homeownership is required. (Must be able to verify current mortgage payment history)
- Five years of eviction-free history is required.
- Two or more 72-hour notices within one year will result in denial of application.
- Two or more dishonored checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting an outstanding balance will result in denial of the application.
- Notices of disturbances, violations and other non-compliance of rental agreement will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting negative comments will result in denial of the application.
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS CRITERIA
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit reports may result in denial of the application.
- No more than $300 in past due debt on credit file.
- Unpaid accounts in collections (not related to medical expenses) may result in denial of the application.
- Repossessions or Bankruptcies within the last two years will disqualify an applicant if poor credit history continued after filing.
Applicants have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information provided to the landlord by a screening company or credit reporting agency.
INCOME & EMPLOYMENT CRITERIA
- Monthly household income must be equal to 2.5 times the stated rent.
- 12 months of verifiable employment required if used as a source of income.
- Applicants must provide consecutive and recent pay stubs for the last 8 weeks from application date.
- Additional sources of income may be considered including: GI benefits, disability, trust funds, social security, educational financial aid, child support, pensions, grants and savings accounts. Applicants must provide consecutive statements for the last 2 months from application date.
- Self-employed applicants will be required to submit the previous year’s tax return as well as previous two months bank statements.
A non-applicant tenant is one who assumes no financial responsibility and cannot be screened for financial responsibility. All adult non-applicant tenants will be screened for factors related to maintenance and conduct and will be charged a $40 screening fee.
NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS
In accordance with ORS 90.262, Manager has adopted a maximum occupancy rule of no more than two people per bedroom.